Marketing for a farm-based business can take the form of either direct or Internet sales. The advantage of each is that you are usually selling at a higher price point rather than at a wholesale rate.
Your marketing will need to be tailored for one or a combination of the following:
- Farmers markets
- On-farm retail markets
- Roadside stands
- U-Pick/Pick-Your-Own/Cut or Choose-Your-Own operations
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
Every marketer will need to sit down and start with the basic marketing elements by identifying:
- What is your farm’s market?
- Set your farm apart – determine your farm’s unique value proposition
- Create a logo to represent your farm.
- Create your tag line.
- Set up a web site.
Over the course of time we will look at each element and create a page or two of how we created or developed our own marketing elements.